Friday, 1 January 2016
- This campaign is held from January 15-22 at the principle hospitals in Catalonia
- On January 15th and 16th, donors can also give blood at our mobile units set up in Barcelona's Plaça de Catalunya
- Those who have needed blood in the past will serve as 2.0 Ambassadors for blood donation and will encourage the campaign through social media
- One in every five people will need blood or derivatives at some time in their life
- This campaign takes place at the point in the year where our reserves are at their lowest, right after the holidays
- Donors can reserve a time to give blood at the website donarsang.gencat.cat
Friday, 25 December 2015
- The organization's mission determines our lines of investigation
- Our Research Report describes our past activity
- More than 50 professionals do research at our institution
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
During the year 2013, the Banc de Sang i Teixits (Blood and Tissue Bank / BST) pursued more than 50 research projects, half of them in collaboration with other institutions.
Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Last year the Banc de Sang visited nearly 140 formal and informal learning centres
Over 30,000 pupils have benefited from the programme since the 2006/07 school year
Sunday, 18 May 2014
Since the Human Milk Bank was created, nearly 1,000 mothers have donated milk and more than 500 premature babies have benefited from their generosity. The Human Milk Bank of the Banc de Sang i Teixits provides breast milk for babies born at 32 weeks' gestation or earlier or who weigh less than 1,500 grams at birth.
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
On Sunday morning, 18 May, the group plans to meet at the Palau Robert and invite the general public to celebrate the World Day of Human Milk Donation. Since the Human Milk Bank was created, nearly 1,000 mothers have donated milk and more than 500 premature babies have benefited from their generosity. The Human Milk Bank of the Banc de Sang i Teixits provides breast milk for babies born at 32 weeks' gestation or earlier or who weigh less than 1,500 grams at birth.
Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Over 360 mothers donated milk, up 80% from the previous year. Estimates indicate that twice as many donor mothers will be required to meet the needs of the very premature infant population The Human Milk Bank of Catalonia of the Banc de Sang i Teixits already distributes milk to 12 different neonatal care units.
Tuesday, 11 March 2014
With the recent incorporation of the Viladecans Hospital, all eight hospitals of the Catalan Health Institute (ICS) now manage blood prescription and dispensation by electronic means. This innovative programme allows professionals at any centre to order the units of blood they need and track the process via an ICT-enabled network. The system uses the SAP Healthcare clinical information management program and is available to all hospital areas: outpatient wards, emergency rooms, ambulatory care, hospitalisation wards and operating theatres.
Friday, 7 March 2014
Thanks to the collaboration agreement signed this morning by the director of the Banc de Sang i Teixits, Enric Argelagués, and the secretary of the Catalan Government's Department of Social Welfare and Family, Neus Munté, these two institutions will be joining forces to encourage civic participation in blood drives and raise awareness about the importance of giving blood, with a particular focus on volunteers and association members.
Tuesday, 4 March 2014