Mission, Vision and Values
The Banc de Sang i Teixits (Blood and Tissue Bank) is a public agency of the Catalan Department of Health whose mission is to guarantee the supply and proper use of human blood and tissue in Catalonia. It is also the leading center in the field of immunodiagnostics and advanced therapy development.
We want our organisation to be:
- Innovative, constantly striving to become a sustainable model of excellence with an international range of action, on the cutting edge in the fields of blood and tissue donation, biological diagnostics and advanced therapies.
- Willing and eager to serve, open, approachable and trustworthy.
- Knowledge-based, with a stimulating corporate culture and a tight-knit, committed human team.
- Transparency: the ability to honestly and openly convey and inform the public of who we are, what we do and why, building trust, credibility and a solid reputation among our stakeholders.
- Public service: commitment to meeting the needs of our society and knowing its expectations.
- Innovation and research: developing ideas to improve the public services we provide.
- Expertise: offering quality that can only be acquired through knowledge and experience to achieve outstanding results.
- Commitment to people: honouring rights and obligations by going above and beyond the call of duty to serve the common good.
- Excellence: talent to surpass quality standards and achieve objectives through effort and continuous improvement, working with passion and professionalism to rise to the top of our field.
- Coherence: acting and behaving in a manner consistent with our decisions, honouring our stated principles and values.